Walk for Epilepsy around Australia 2020 - Registration Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Registration
1. By completing your registration and ticking the box to accept the terms and conditions of the Event, You agree to comply with the following terms and conditions. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is required in order to participate in this Event.
2. All participants under 18 years old must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to participate. If You are registering on behalf of a participant who is under 18 years old, you agree that you are their parent or guardian, or otherwise have authority from that child's parent or guardian to do so on their behalf. If You are registering on behalf of a participant who is under 18 years old, You agree to supervise the child or children at all times during the Event.
3. You agree that You are adequately prepared both physically and medically, to participate in the Event. You agree that You are not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause You or others you are responsible for, injury or death while participating in the Event. If You are unsure about your physical or medical suitability for participating in this Event, You should seek advice from your doctor prior to participating.
4. If You suffer any injury or illness while participating in the Event, You agree that any licenced physician, emergency medical technician, event medical officer, hospital or other medical or healthcare facility may provide evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment at Your expense and that Your acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes your consent to such evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment.
5. You warrant that You have not previously been excluded from Walk/Run Events or Activities by a medical practitioner or any person or entity on the basis that you are medically unfit. You acknowledge and agree that the Event Organisations may request a medical certificate or opinion as to your fitness from a qualified medical practitioner PRIOR to You undertaking any Walk/Run Activities. If You choose not to provide this medical certificate, then You may not be able to participate in the Event.
6. You agree to abide by the Event rules and conditions 'Event Rules' about which You are notified. You agree that the Event organisers may vary the Event Rules, without prior notice.
7. You agree to comply with all reasonable directions of the Event Organisers and their representatives, including course marshals and organisers. The Event Organiser(s) and their representatives will be carrying identification which will be visible at all times and if not visible, will be produced on request.
8. All fees must be paid prior to the Event. Subject to any rights to refund You may have under the statutory guarantees of the Australian Consumer Law or other laws, the entry fee is not refundable or transferable.
9. You consent to your name, race result, image, voice, statements and any video footage, or photographs taken ('Materials') during the Event being used to publicise the Event by Epilepsy Foundation, for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to marketing material, television broadcasts, social media, advertising, publications, and other documents or mediums that may be made available to the public. You confirm all Materials may be used by the Event Organisations without payment or compensation to You.
11. You acknowledge that Epilepsy Foundation may reduce or alter the Event route or activities to accommodate any unexpected complications on the day, including adverse weather conditions. If conditions arise that may significantly compromise the Event, such as adverse weather conditions, or other emergencies, the Event Organisers may need to cancel the Event. You will be provided with notice at least 3 hours prior to the scheduled start of the Event, or otherwise as much notice as is reasonably possible in the circumstances via the homepage of www.walkforepilepsy.com.au. If cancellation is necessary, the Event will not be rescheduled and refunds will not be given.
12. You acknowledge that the Event Organisers may remove You from the Event area or exclude You from participation in the Event, if in the Event Organiser's opinion it is necessary to do so, due to:
a. Your behaviour being inappropriate, offensive or abusive in the opinion of the Event Organisers;
b. to prevent damage to property or person; and
c. on medical, health and/or safety grounds (including to prevent injury or harm to Yourself and/or any other participant).
13. You acknowledge and accept full responsibility for informing of the risks involved in participating in the Event. This includes risks associated with but not limited to, walking on the allocated course, adverse weather conditions and other participants' behaviour. These risks could result in injury (including any permanent injury) or death or damage to your property.
14. You acknowledge and agree that the Event Organisers are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury that You may sustain while participating in the Event or otherwise associated with the Event and You waive and discharge to each of the Event Organisers from and against each every claim, right or cause of action (including for negligence) that You might have or which may arise out of my death or injury and / or any damage or loss of any description. You agree that this waiver binds Your heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns and may be pleaded as a bar to any action, claim, demand, suit or legal proceedings.
15. This waiver releases and discharge operates jointly in and severally in favour of the Event Organisers and its related entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, event stakeholders, and occupiers of the land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, contractors, sub-contractors, servants and employees involved or otherwise engaged in staging, administering, running or controlling the Event.
16. Volunteer declaration - By registering as a volunteer for this event I hereby declare I am volunteering entirely at my own risk. I acknowledge that all persons directly or indirectly involved in organising this event are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by me or others in relation to my participation in the event (whether as a result of negligence or otherwise). I agree to indemnify Epilepsy Foundation, the event organisers, sponsors and all officials against any and all claims arising from my participation in Walk for Epilepsy. I agree to abide by the rules laid down by the organisers.
17. The governing law of this agreement is the law of the state of Victoria ('Jurisdiction'). I irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Jurisdiction in which any incident occurs and waive any right to object to the exercise of such Jurisdiction.
18. Copyright - The content, design, graphics and other materials related to Walk for Epilepsy are protected under applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. The copying, reproduction, use, modification or publication of full or part of the logo and marketing materials is strictly prohibited without the permission of Epilepsy Foundation.